Tuesday, April 14, 2015
9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Camp Evans, 2201 Marconi Road, Wall Township, NJ
On April 14, 2015 at 9 am, Mayor Newberry of Wall Township, other elected officials and community leaders will be present at a ribbon cutting ceremony at Camp Evans, 2201 Marconi Road, Wall, NJ to launch, “Charlie’s House.”
While other agencies are wrapping up their Superstorm Sandy efforts, Hearts & Hands Disaster Recovery will be announcing their new program “Charlie’s House,” an alternative temporary housing solution to house survivors of a disaster while their homes are being rebuilt.
Using architect Richard Buckminster Fuller’s historic geodesic dome, a contemporary design was built next to an example of the architect’s 1949 structure on the grounds historic Camp Evans. The original was used to deploy Marines to the Middle East in World War II.
“Charlie’s House” pilot initiative was funded by The Episcopal Diocese of NJ Hurricane Sandy Relief Program and through donations from Hearts & Hands donors.
Hearts & Hands Disaster Recovery is a registered 501c3 whose mission is to provide disaster impacted communities with innovative programs to address unmet needs of residents. HHDR’s other programs are: Holy Molders, a faith based volunteer driven initiative which provides free mold remediation and educational programming to Sandy impacted residents and the Jersey Shore Project, where Sandy impacted residents receive professional services in architectural design, project management, construction, rebuilding and elevation enabling them to return home on a timely and cost efficient basis. For more information, call 732-344-0722 or visit www.hhdr.ngo.