EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: DISASTER CASE MANAGERS –SOUTH CAROLINA
Hearts & Hands Disaster Recovery is hiring compassionate, organized, energetic case managers to help South Carolina residents recover from severe flooding. The case management team will reach out to people in impacted areas to assess their needs, develop individual recovery plans, and walk with their clients on their journey toward renewed stability. We expect to provide disaster case management in South Carolina for two years or longer as families will continue to need help through different phases of recovery.
We are seeking case management professionals to: Deliver disaster case management services for immediate and long-term response and to work with federal/state disaster case managers and Long Term Recovery Groups to transition cases to our local agency and help satisfy unmet needs. Disaster case managers with an MSW or MA in counseling or psychology is preferred with a minimum of a BA in social work, counseling, psychology, or sociology and at least one year’s experience in case management. BSW social workers in MSW programs are highly encouraged to apply.
Disaster Case Managers will:
- Utilize knowledge of government and community-based resources available
- Travel to client locations to assess needs and provide assistance
- Determine eligibility, develop and implement resource plans, and monitor progress
- Advocate on clients’ behalf with service and benefit providers
- Provide follow-up to facilitate survivors’ return to pre-disaster level of well-being
- Provide crisis intervention and emergency services as needed
- Maintain detailed case files and data base entry
- Compile statistical reports
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
- Case management experience (1-2 years preferred)
- The ability to work flexible hours based on client and community needs
- Ability to participate in all in-service training, program meetings and designated agency-related activities
- A valid Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle for reimbursable work travel.
Positions are full-time and do not include benefits. To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title, “Disaster Case Manager” in the subject line. Hearts & Hands Disaster Recovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.